I went total Eric Eiser on them. I started them off with drawing from xerox copies of animal walks and total them "i don't want to see pretty pictures." I don't know if eric would be proud or angry i stole his thunder. eh hes a cool guy and it was the way i was taught. then i moved onto the bouncing ball which i thought would take them quite awhile. they finished quickly and so i make them clean it up haha haha most of them didn't draw 16 frames but over 40. but i let them do it again- clean it up and add a colored backgound. still they were finished by lunch. so gave them the flour sack toss which again some got it right away but the others resisted and wouldn't follow my instruction to fist make a layout so there are no surprises. oh and strong poses. most don't know what that is. so the afternoon lasted forever. i thought it would be hard to critique their animation but it was easy to be a dick.
And so at the end of the day I gave homework of 5 hands with strong poses showing force. hahaha. so there it is my 74,000 dollar education. they should be happy. oh plus i should them cynthea's film to show acting with a circle and entire story of course. oh god. it's a god thing they have a basic knowledge of flash. im not sure how to introduce characters yet but i know they like the head a symbol but don't nest the rest of the body. ok. im not sure how i am as a teacher but i'm trying to be like Eiser, Beckerman and Morgan- even a little Mattesi with the homework.
I'm not sure of my lesson tomorrow. I passed out when I came home. the electricity works again. still scary. I need a Malaysian plug to work from here. I wish i have my other animation books.
5 comments:
dood. your adventures in malaysia blog is awesome.
go to animationmeat.com and get some reference material for free.
Also this is a cool site for reference hands:
http://web.archive.org/web/20030612164439/adriandd.com/reference/hands.html
Give them hell christi.
-Nelson
sorry heres the full link:
http://web.archive.org/web/20030612164439
/adriandd.com/reference/hands.html
wow, Christi the teacher!
I went to visit Beckerman today and mentioned you were teaching in Malaysia...he said, "well I guess you have to go where the work is," and wishes you luck :)
1 on 1 Animation Website
http://1on1animation.com/inspiration-flip.htm
note: scroll down on this page to see pencil tests
from the Nine old Men. and others!
Character Design Blog
http://characterdesign.blogspot.com/
note: a blog that introduces Character Designers with interviews and expamples of work.
Cold Hard Flash- a flash weblog
http://www.coldhardflash.com/
note: visit the "Animators" section for examples of
Flash animation and their creators.
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends Production Blog:
http://fosterstv.blogspot.com/
note: This a production blog which discusses and illustrates some of the processes involved in a currently produced cartoon
on TV.
This is what I show my kids..
Oh and here is their animation (though it takes ages to load-
http://www.artbonnie.com/flash/companim07.mov
oh cool. hey have you seen Skunk Fu??
-christi
Post a Comment