
Up until this week I was voting for Obama. Now, I'm not so sure. He and Mccain do not support gay marriage and he supports the $700 billion bailout. Cynthea says you have to vote for the person you agree with most on many issues. I still can't think of an issue in which I agree with Obama, other than I don’t want McCain for President. I actually used to like McCain before he started to run.
I'm looking into other candidates. There is a woman named Cynthia McKinney running with the Green party. So far I like her stance on issues but I know little about her.
1 comment:
Man, I love politics. There's a website called http://glassbooth.org where you take a quiz and they pair you up with whoever your views match closest. Mine matches Cynthia McKinney too! But I really want Obama to win this year because I think he's inspiring, and McCain would be a disaster so that's where my vote goes.
As far as gay marriage goes, I think Joe Biden is closer than Palin in terms of the rights issue, as I didn't hear Palin say specifically that she would even give gay people the right to have civil unions which to me is like... ugh. I think she skirted that answer because she knew it wouldn't sound good. At least Biden said he would support civil unions, which to me is a step in the right direction. Hopefully once that step is taken, full support of gay marriage will come next and we can finally put all the semantics to rest.
As far as the bailout goes, I don't really know enough about it to sort out my feelings. I'm trying to learn though. Watching Charlie Rose's recent interview with Warren Buffet helped, as he explains the bailout in clear terms and makes it more understandable:
http://www.charlierose.com/shows/2008/10/1/1/an-exclusive-conversation-with-warren-buffett
Wish I knew more about economics...
Either way, I love reading your posts about life. Your landlord sounds crazy! :(
Post a Comment