According to the US Navy website's Officer Planner quiz I am "The Innovator." They totally lifted their quiz from The Spark personality tests. Here are the results. This all reminds me of so 8 years ago...
The Innovator Profile
Innovators are artistic and like to apply their imagination to invent creative things or find unique ways of doing things. They see themselves as expressive, original and independent. Does this sound like you?
Activities and Interests
If you’re an Innovator, you may currently enjoy activities or hobbies such as:
* Performing: music, dance or drama
* Photography
* Visiting art museums
* Painting, sketching, design or creative writing
* Making homemade crafts or sewing
* Travel
* Learning foreign languages
Work Environments
Innovators like unstructured work situations and prefer to work in roles where creativity is valued.
As an Innovator, it’s likely you’ll enjoy careers that allow you to:
* Express yourself creatively
* Think imaginatively or conceptually
* Produce or review artistic works
It goes into a break down of the Navy quiz...
Do-er = 8
Persuader = 4
Problem solver= 2
Adviser = 0
Planner = 0
I think I problem solve much better than "2," but I said no to any question involving computers or sitting. I don't think I am a "do-er" so much...either. there isn't a category for loner or loser. Procrastinator.
You might wonder why I'm on the Navy website. Because I like to flirt with the idea of joining. Seeing the world. Owning a motorcycle. One of those very old bikes with the double headlights and short handle bars. Palm trees. Looking out onto the horizon and seeing ocean in every direction. I've never been on a boat. I road the ferry a few times and I tried to stand as close to the front edge as they would allow. I want a change in my life. Sometimes I'm afraid I might "just be a dreamer."
Being a dreamer had always sounded like a good thing. A creative dreamy way of seeing thing world. People also use it as a bad word. Inventors, artists, musicians, writers where always dreamers. Right? That's how it goes? You dream dream dream even if no one has faith, and then you keep dreaming and believing -and oh yeah hard work and dedication- it happens right? Right? Is the only way that it might not happen is if you give up?
This was really not supposed to go in this direction. I really want to think about the Navy more.
You know I think it's odd that the quiz results didn't tell me any specific careers I could do in the Navy.
No comments:
Post a Comment