Friday, January 11, 2008

Things I’ve learned this year so far:

The last mile is not actually the hardest mile. The hardest part of my journey is carrying my bike up the 5 flights of stairs after riding 5 miles. So far I have taken my bike to work twice. Next week I will aim for 3 days.

I want to start a to do list too. My friend Netalia had one consisting of 43 goals. I know Tricia has one but I have no idea of how many. My first goal is to write them down, but not in order of importance. I think that would use up another goal. I don’t mind shuffling.

Goals:
Go to outer space.
I know that sounds cliché. I can’t remember just who it was. perhaps it was Armstrong who after landing on the moon lifted his thumb to the earth, shut one eye and said that everything that ever mattered to him was behind his thumb.

See constellations in the southern hemisphere.
When I was in Malaysia I looked up every night and I could only see a few stars. Fewer than I can see in nyc. I did however pour water out of bottles a lot to see the counter clockwise direction.

Get married, have children.
Perhaps this does not need to be on the goals list, but since I have no limit and no set dates to achieve these goals. This also depends on finding the right girl which I don’t believe is in my hands. So perhaps this isn’t a goal. It’s just a wish.

Live in a loft.
Yeah the kind I dreamt of when I was watching Ghost at 10 years old.

Have no debt.
I know that not always going to be possible. Having a fulltime job is really helping me even plan for that. In fact I can actually plan things now.

Be good at chess.
I used to be decent, but now I can never beat the free mac chess game.

Fence.

Rock climb.

Cycle in a tour.

Learn about cycling tours and how to train and enter.

Drive across country on route 66

Eat various types of hotdogs.

Eat cuisine from every culture.

Finish my two films that I have been hiding from.
If this list was in order of importance that would have been first. Because I don’t feel like an artist if I’m not making my art. And the sooner I can make these films the sooner I can make more.

Direct music videos and commercials.

Work for Disney feature animation.
This used to be my top goal ever before I came to New York. Now, it is not my top goal. It is possibly something I want to do after I’ve become a real animation filmmaker. That is if they would actually take me. But given the chance I would go to outer space over Disney.

Be more goal oriented.

Use calendars.

Be less shy.

Don't be an asshole.

This is it for my goals today. I'll add more goals tomorrow.

hmm maybe I should have a limited number and a time frame otherwise I’m just dreaming…which something I do all the time anyway.

My goal this month is to go to Boston and visit Bonnie like I said I was going to do years ago. And I bought an animation hole punch which has not arrived. And I’m borrowing my bosses video camera to test animation until I buy one. And I need to do laundry.

No comments: