Thursday, September 06, 2007

I Topped Up

I'm going to forget that the words "top" and "up" make up the phrase "Top Up" because I will never fully understand why that means "register". For a week I was convinced that it meant "pay up" and I constantly explained to everyone that I had already paid. It also did not help that I had my own number wrong (not my fault) so naturally when the 7-11 guy helped me register my number Maxis (the phone company) blocked my phone thinking someone had stolen my TopUp numbers. I think Ma*laysians are in love with the word "top". I see it everywhere. TopAir is the Mal*aysian air conditioner company...there is a detergent simply called TOP and of course Top Up has replaced "register," because no one could explain what it meant to me they just said "Top Up" in different ways and hand gestures over and over. Tonight, for the first time, I Topped Up completely on my own.

I'm at the cafe again. The waiters must have seen me coming because as a joke they placed a 'reserve' sign on my table. there is a mosquito having thanksgiving dinner on my right foot. something horrible bit my neck today at lunch. Right on the vain. I think it even bled a little. It looked like i had a hickey and it so very painful. I kept thinking about horsefly teeth or whatever they are called cutting into my neck. I know it wasn't but it didn't feel like a mosquito. plus I hit a fly earlier that tried landing on my food. I hit it mid air and felt it slam against my hand, but instead of killing it I pushed it in the air for a moment. could that have been a horsefly? It still hurts.

I'm having fun playing with the assignments I'm giving in class. I really don't want to grade my students. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to do with them being hired. I will post some of my animations soon.

Oh yeah I just found out yesterday that my condo has a pool and a small gym. so now I swim after work:)

1 comment:

Tricia in Kansas said...

I think they're called scimitars.