Wednesday, February 24, 2010

this sucks



I'm at the NY Public Library. Looks like my stealin' wifi to work on projects via internet is not turning out. For the past 2 days I have not been able to get online from my place. Now I have to make nice with timewarner and give them a bunch of money I don't yet have. I so wish I could give them the argument "But if you give me internet I can make money to pay you for it" but they don't fall for that. Sprint will only do that if i get the right person on the phone. And I have to say it in Damsel voice. Operators usually only respond if they feel they are being my hero. I've learned that my angry voice does not scare people into helping me even when their company is screwing me over. Jose is so great at it. He can raddled off every 3 letter abbreviation threat, the better business bureau, the department of... I don't remember. I can only do it every once in a while like when Free Credit Report.com was screwing me for 15 bucks a month. I demanded and received a reimbursement but I had to prep a lot before making the phone call, then had to write a strongly worded fax.

However, when I comes to me just not having the money, I have to hope that I can charm the operator. So when I answered the call from timewarner today I was so ready to make nice and pay the bill I left 4 months ago and ask for a modem box. It turned out to be a collector. Oh no. I have heard that the worst way to improve your credit to pay a collector instead of the company. So I took down her information and said I could call back. But what I really must do to get that money to timewarner. I figure that I am closing out my mini storage in coming week so I will can "afford" internet.

I had a dream last night that my landlord removed the lock from my door because I have been so behind on rent. He didn't replace it. Just removed it so that it would not lock. So most of my dream was about me making a slide lock under the door so it could be locked from the outside but not seen by anyone. I don't think this will actually be an issue. I've let my landlord know whats been going on financially and paying him in installments.

In other news, I spent my last day on set yesterday. I had planned to stay only until 5pm but decided to stay longer. I know how I've complained about receiving my call-sheet at like 3am for a calltime of 11:30 or so. It's very annoying. But when I'm on set I have a lot of fun and feel like I'm learning a lot of making movies. Yesterday i showed up pissed as hell because I went to the Bronx on the 6 train to find the set. the day before they had been on 134th in the Bronx. I received an email via my phone that said the location was on W 138th. If i had real internet I could have looked at the map and saw that w 138th street was in Manhattan 15 blocks up Lennox ave. But no, I went looking for w 138th in the Bronx and had to call Cynthea to look up how I can transfer from the 4/5 to the 2 into Manhattan. So by the time I got there in the rain I was like ARG. But just a few minutes after I was happy to be there. Oh yeah they even used me as an extra a few times. I walked down the hospital hallway in one scene. In another I had to read a magazine while an car crash victim was rushed in the door.

The library is about to close. But at least I know where I can come send files from :)

No comments: