I'm at the library eying the table with an electrical power strip on one of the legs. I'm going to move to that spot when the guy there leaves. I'm very paranoid about my smell. I smell something not good. It's like BO and booze? OK it can not be me. I have not had booze since that karaoke night that Sara "sugar mama" paid for. And I just showered.
Last night I had a dream. I ran another marathon only this one was in the UK. I finished the race and felt pretty good about it. I was not in pain like I remembered in the Rome Marathon. In Rome, the last mile was complete agony without being actually injured. My feet, knees, hips, everything was in so much pain. But this time I felt great.
The end of the race took place on an Olympic size track. I didn't see my time after crossing the finish line but I was sure I made a PR. I went back to where the other Americans were set up and rested for awhile. The race had printed results of everyone's time sometime after their finish. That's very efficient now that I think about it. So I grabbed my sheet and took it to the locker room with me. I showered and got dressed in street clothes. Then I remembered that I hadn't looked at my time. It said 4:15:00. Oh shit, that can't be right. My Rome time was 5:25:** there is no way I shaved off more than an hour. So I was looking for an explanation and saw the distance 9KM. So I was trying to calculate the math in my head. That was about 6 miles. Oh great. It made sense to me now. My distance was missing about 6 miles.
So I grabbed my stopwatch and ran back to the track to finish my distance but I got held up by a security guy. I showed him the sheet and tried to explain that I somehow finished a while ago but somehow missed 9km. He tried to tell me that the 9km was probably the time difference between my Rome time and this time. That made no sense because it was a distance not a time. So when he realized what had happened he said it was too late to go back out there. Officially I had already finished and the clock would soon stop at 7 hours. Just be happy with my time. I still tried to plead with him that I came all this way to run a marathon and I am so close. That's when I woke up.
Ok I'm moving to the table with an outlet to work on my animation now.
No comments:
Post a Comment