Sunday, December 06, 2009

Craigslist Ikea Bookcase


I found a bookcase on Craigslist for $60. It was the ikea model I had been coveting for months. So I rented a pickup truck and drove to the West Village via West Side Highway. Then got lost for an hour looking for the intersection of Bleecker and Sullivan. My journey became a series of left hand turns to one way streets before I managed to maneuver onto the disjointed part of Bleecker St. The route looked something like this:
The guy also threw in a smaller bookcase for $20. How could I say no?
The larger of the two was too big for the bed of the truck and I'm guessing it doesn't disassemble easily. We layed the cases down although it still didn't quite fit.

I drove to Harlem via 6th and 8Th Avenues. Prayed that I wouldn't get a ticket or have to quickly switch lanes.

The large bookcase (seen in picture) was heavy as a tree. My wheelie-cart was positioned in along side the tail gate. My plane was to shove the case off the gate, onto the wheelie-cart and haul it to my steps. It was a scheme Wile E. Coyote might try. My plan to haul was supposed to be like this:

This did not work.


No comments: