Sunday, March 29, 2009

more pictures of Firenze or Florence

I Don't know why we even call this place Florence if it is not its name. No matter what language someone is speaking, if they mention New York you hear them say "New York."
The first think i did in Firenze was find a hotel which turned out to be the Machiavelli because it have only 3 stars and the name caught my eye.(later I stayed in a much cheaper hostel around same corner.the International students hostel-about 20 euro a night)

this is video of from top of the Duomo, the first place I went. i believe i climbed about 500 stairs. and then had to walk down- which really hurt as it was the day after the Roma marathon.


rainy day



the first evening and night i walked pretty much everywhere. i took this pic on the way back to the populated side of town. I got lost after leaving the Internet Pitti. and of course wandered through very dark narrow streets with deep door ways until I reached this bridge and saw the Ponte Vecchio- the bridge I took earlier




No comments: