Tuesday, March 24, 2009

in YAG Bar


At the moment I'm in Yag bar. the only gay bar in Florence I think. I tried to ask the bartender what type of crowd comes here. But that was a little hard to communicate. Boy and girls come here. So far there are about 6 men and 2 girls (if they haven't left). What's good is they play actual videos of the music they are playing. And I do need my dose of music videos. I just wish they had credits- like who is singing or what is the name of the song.

Ok today I went to the Ufizi and saw my Rome Marathon TNT roommate there. Small world. part of my likes traveling alone like I imagine Amelie would, but part of me is very lonely. notice how often I'm posting?

After about 3 hours in the Ufizi I went to dell' Academia- i don't know if that's right- to see David and the Greek sculptures. There was no line at all. Once
i entered and turned the corned and saw David. I had to draw him of course. but I first made a loop around. It upset me a little that I couldn't see the back of the Pieta.

I spent the next hour and a half studying and drawing, but couldn't make a very good sketch. I don't know what was wrong with me. I know his pose better than any other pose. the weight. the larger proportion of the hands and head to the rest of the body. the strong greek-like nose. the thin tiny mouth. the large eyes that look amazing until you realize they are a little like Elijah Wood. but forgetting the Elijah Wood thing, he is so beautiful. Not more beautiful than the Peita?

I do get nervous whenI know other people can see me drawing. I don't know. it all makes me want to go back.
  Here is a sketch of the Duomo from the roof of the Uffizi. 

No comments: