I tried becoming a Stoic today but encyclopedia Britannica wanted me to give them money for their information on Stoicsim. I wasn’t even sure if they’d tell me what I needed to know- I left that site and searched on howstuffworks. This is what I found: http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/stoicism/
I need a pamphlet with the key points underlined. Maybe someone will show up at my door or better yet slip the brochure under. I can pick it up with the Chinese menu.
5 comments:
I don't think I get stoicism, and I even read the little link you provided.
That'd be great if you figured out how to be stoic, because then you could be the stoic indian that people are always talking about.
It would be so easy to figure out what stoicism is, all you have to do is go to Safari Starbucks (a completely different breed o people go to Stronghold Starbucks) and ask someone. They'll probably even show you how to do it for free.
Why do you want to be stoic?
well i was reading about it a little in I, Claudius. So i thought hell all kinds of shit went down in Rome and who were the people still standing (other than the murderers)? It seems to be the people with this Stoic philosophy: Logic before emotion. So i am curious how to achieve this.
Why is Poisoner not a word?
well i was reading about it a little in I, Claudius. So i thought hell all kinds of shit went down in Rome and who were the people still standing (other than the murderers)? It seems to be the people with this Stoic philosophy: Logic before emotion. So i am curious how to achieve this.
Why is Poisoner not a word?
I dont know why the last comment posted twice:(
And the only different between the people at Safari starbucks (3rd ave & astor place) and the people at Stronghold starbucks(4th ave & astor place) is that Safari starkbucks goers don’t believe there are empty tables at Stronghold starbucks.
You can read Britannica's "concise" article on stocism for free. Visit www.britannica.com/ebc/article?tocId=9379622
Post a Comment