So, Tricia is now gone. It was fun as always and this time I was free of work. I didn't go home for xmas because I had a deadline the same week and ticket prices were outrageous for only a few days home. So I decided to wait and allow myself at least a week long trip. That is why Tricia was able to stay. Even though I missed my family I was very excited to cook my first xmas dinner. A dinner that was pretty much all starch and a couple of Cornish hens. There's a picture of this bohemian feast somewhere.
Being that this is my first post of the new year I should try to think of resolutions...
My first would be to pay rent and make lots of money, but I'm not sure how to do either of those. So, I will try to keep a healthy schedule (with the exception of now) by sleeping at night and working in the morning on my projects as to not screw my body up when I freelance. Also, to run/bike 16 to 20 miles a week and to add weights to my workout. Also, to finish long over due personal projects.
Before Tricia left to walk across the desert or something...we were talking about song lyrics she wrote years ago. I might take some of her imagery and play with a little 8-bit story. Very short, because otherwise it will be stuck on my list. Those films must get finished before I die. I mean I should have actual deadlines for my personal work.
Actually, that reminds me of a conversation I had with my mom. If I died unexpectedly to not throw away my unfinished "films" which are large plastic bins of paper, but to give them to an oxberry cameraman. That's basically my last request and not to be buried/cremated in a dress or tons of make-up or have an open casket if I'm in any type of accident. Really I prefer a closed one. So, my mom says "What does the camera man do with it?"
"They shoot the pages one frame at a time. They have a camera that points down at the table."
"So they just take a picture of each page?"
"Yeah pretty much"
"Oh! That's sounds like a lot pictures. Maybe I could do something like that. That would be fun!"
"You want to shoot my film if I die?"
"Yeah, that sounds neat!"
"With your camera?"
"Uh Huh that digital one."
"oh... ok. I really wanted a film camera"
"Like a regular point and shoot? I got one of those too."
"Like a movie camera"
"Oh I wouldn't know where to find one of those."
Yeah, so this means I can't die. Sorry, that was a long tangent.
Ok, I skimmed Tricia's blog looking for something that looks like a poem. Tricia hates poetry, but she wrote a whole song for me. It has to do with a letter I wrote to fox 5 under her name.
"Tricia's Song for She Who Wronged Her"
with Morrissey stylings.
When you snuck into my email oh oh when you snuck into my email
I was mad. Oh hohoho ho I was maaaaaaaaaaaadddd (bass) yesssss
But when you lied about my rent and how much it coooooooosssssssssssts
formetolive
what was that for? What were you thinking orwereyoueven
theeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeee?
In your brain.
It's Captain Enterprising!
Oh, Oh, it's Captain Enterprising here to get something for nothing
that's stuff for naught....
Enterpri-hi-hi-hi-h-i-siiiiiine
Seven-hundred dollars for rent, you say? Surely you don't think Fox5 would fall for that,
SoundOff, SoundOff SoundOff
and if they diiiiiid, would they really sendyouacheck for that extra money not used on the requested Morrissey concert ticket?
You must be mad,
Don't tell me no.
Captain Enterprising has arrived, Captain Enterprising has arrived
stow your diaries, hide your cutting kits, cutting kits cutting kits cuttingkits
cut cut
You want to be sneaky?
How about not using a joint email account for your tomfooleries, Captain Enterprising?
Yes I found out. Yes I found out. Yes I found and I'm ashamed, it's so bad. This feeling I have it's so bad. You signed my name, you bastard you, you signed my name.
Like a Puritan at the witchstake, Joan of Arc is on the witchstake, and she's burning flames, flambe,
she's burning bu-hur-hur-hur-hurning.
She has but one name and now it's soiled, generations scorned
Oh-woah Captain Enterprising has arrived, Captain Enterprising has arrived
and neglected the spellcheck
grammar and "heartbrake" gone to heck
Cut and paste.
cut and paste paste it into Windows first to see
behold the red squigglees
When were you going to tell me?
This betrayal is like knives
I got on my bike to-nite. I rode into the night to-nite
screaming for love from hooting owls
they spoke back to me they said "how"
Yes, I did shut the door on you just now while you slowly walked down the hall.
I'm not sorry.
You think you're so sneaky
I don't think so, no no don't think sooooooooo.
2 comments:
This is what we did with our spare time. Sabotage each other in print. I love unemployment.
I appreciate the amount of effort you put into your revenge song. I was just trying to get your name on SoundOff.
Post a Comment