Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bootleg Cable

It's 6:30 am and the temp out has risen from 71 to 73 degrees in the last 10 minutes. I have already shut both windows and pulled down the shades to trap what cool is in in my apartment. The temperature is suppose to reach 93 today.

Aside from snuggling with a frozen water bottle I have two fans. One of them is actually my window AC which stopped producing cold or even cooler air. It hasn't been very hot with all the rain but sitting here without AC has reminded me of my first summer in Harlem. It was sweltering hot. Humid. Thick. Once after washing my clothes in the tub, the humidity never let them dry. The second day they started to smell musty so I forced to rewashed and dry them at the laundromat.

Along with being hot and only owning two pieces of furniture (TV and TV stand) I took intro to film that summer. Bootleg Cable was the film I wrote/directed for class. I got the idea after going to a friends house and finding out that all of their amazing channels came from a bootleg box. In Kansas cable came from the white cord you plugged into your tv. No box required. That part has nothing to do with the film really. Wait, maybe that is my film.

Anyway, I found the 4gb quicktime of Bootleg that I had transferred a while ago. So, I decided to finally add sound to it. I hope you like it. I'm still not quite finished but I wanted to show it anyway.



2 comments:

Tricia in Kansas said...

The titles look like an old time instructional video. Actually, it all does. Love it! She takes her cable across town like she's walking a dog.

Christi said...

You know i strive for perfection over here :P
Speaking of perfection...I was trying to come up with a sh***y gimmick to write/sell a screen play. Something along the lines of Mrs. Robinson and vampires. Think it might pay rent?