I've been looking at dell desktops today. I have only owned 2 computers in my life. Both were laptops. My inspiron was a college graduation present. I had it for 4 years and was able to make short animations, my reel, my website and an 8 minute animated film on it before it pooped out. So my parents gave me another awesome birthday present. A new xps that I am using now. It is 4 years old.
For the most part my computer is ok. It is not super fast but reasonable. These are reasons I don't want to give up on it. Well, I did have a scare a few months ago when my computer issues set my project back more than a week. but it recovered and I finished the project. But I don't think I can make another one minute animation on it without problems. Oh yeah I have strange dll missing warnings and my ethernet controller will not repair no matter what I try.
A new laptop will cost close to 2000. I can't afford that. But I might be able to get on a monthly plan for a $700 desktop and take on more animations. Plus, a new computer means more 30 day trails of A*obe programs before I have to figure something out.
3 comments:
have you considered non dell computers? there might be some good deals out there.
So the A*obe program is working? Why don't you just cave in and get an Apple like everyone else who works in your industry?
Apple would cost 3 times more and I don't qualify for "apple credit" monthly mac payments because my credit is shot.
It's not brand loyalty keeping me here. it's only because i might-could afford it and i know what kind of BS to expect. Anyway dell will sell a desktop to a homeless person. They don't care.
Post a Comment