Monday, December 01, 2008

ideas for fundraising

I'm trying to think of ideas to raise $5,900 by March 5th.

So far I'm going to learn to make cookies for Friday's bake sale. Do you think it would be a good plan to offer drawings or maybe a simple animated loop in exchange for donations? Those are usually things I would do for free if I wasn't so lazy. If I do draw for donations who do I draw for? For how much should I ask? This could help me practice animation...if it won't take me away from training.

I think I will also learn some Smith songs on my Sax. I think the main reason I never made much money was because I didn't play anything people recognized as a song. Then again they may not recognize Smiths.

Since only people I know read this I'm just going to start asking for money now. I don't know what I can offer you, so let me know. I guess at this point I'm offering favors.

I will get you more information soon. So far I know that 75 cents of each dollar donated goes to cancer research and donations are 100% tax deductible.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training

I'm working on a little vain little animation of me for my funds site. It may end up being a blog site, but that might be ok too. Here is a rough. It isn't much right now.



1 comment:

Tricia in Kansas said...

asking for corporate sponsorship is the only viable way to raise that much money. All your friends are poor. Rich at heart, yeah, but poor in pocket. Ask GE. They own pretty much all of the world. Write a letter to Oprah.