Last night I went to asifa drawing class. Late as usual. I had just come from work where I get to draw and color all day. I had just occurred to me that wow this is my life. all i have to do is draw and not be late. I should be better at this. Sure there's learning about the history of roman plumbing and trying to convince nasa to give me scuba lessons so i can draw weightless then send me into orbit to draw the earth from life. I really want to go to Patagonia or perhaps Antarctica... but what i have to do is draw and be on time. The biggest problem with my life drawing is that i tighten up when i draw the face. It often looks like two artists took turns: one drew the stiff head and the other drew the loose body. So I made myself hold my charcoal pencil the way i did in high school. which it like a piece of chalk. and i really tried to not think about the face. but I'm sick of my portfolio being filled with beautiful backsides and people looking away from me. So my drawing goal is to make my heads and bodies look like they belong together.
Here are 2 drawings from last night.
I like this the most....but you can't really see her face.

I was only happy with this because the face felt loose.
No comments:
Post a Comment