Tuesday, July 10, 2012

New Art Blog. No new art yet.

I have a new Tumblr account to replace my Art Blog (which is not this blog :). http://christibertelsen.tumblr.com/

I don't
know how many others have had issues with Blogger since Google bought it years ago. I have two Blogger accounts under two different email addresses. To post on my Art Blog I must sign out of this account and into the one with gmail. It's complicated when I want to stay signed into my gmail during work hours, but still want to post on this blog.

Why don't I merge my accounts? I don't want my Nofoodforyou blog to be searched, but do want my Art blog searchable. The problem is, everything on my Art Blog account is now searchable.

A few non-published images from my Art blog showed up after Googling my name. These were images that were either unfinished work, or photos that I wanted to show my friends who refused to sign onto AIM so I can file transfer pictures to them. It's just easier to send a link. Either way, these were images that should not have been public, since I had never published them.

It turned out that my new Google+ account had a folder which held all my passed blog uploads. I delete folder not knowing that it would corrupt almost every link on my Art Blog. Then the blog was full of blank boxes. Out of frustration I canceled my Google+ account. I was very annoyed and didn't feel I should bother finding the images to re-link. So my Blogger Art Blog is a mess. Now, I decided to start a Tumblr account for my "Professional" blog and still use Nofoodforyou to bitch and moan about 1st world problems such as this...


No comments: