Monday, March 29, 2010

NYC Marathon 2010


Level 1.
Crossing The Verrazano-Narrows Bridge into Brooklyn

I signed up to run the this year's NYC Marathon with Team in Training. So yes I will soon ask for donations to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society for my eligibility to race. My goal is to raise 3,800. 00 for LLC. I truly hope you all can afford to be as generous as you were last year.

I've decided to animate background pans based on the 5 boroughs. For each donation marker reached I will add a new borough (or level for gamers) and the finished result will be crossing the finish line on Central Park West. I hope you all think this is a great idea.

As for my animation, work, and life.... well I'm trying hard to be positive. It's really not always easy. However, my stencil animation will debut on adasport.com within the next week or so. I have a new animation to board and animated. I've also applied to a small grant and studio space with Lower Manhattan Cultural Council. I can't imagine getting it on the first try, but at least I have an artist's statement to apply for more grants. Part of me wants to go back to school. Part of me wants to join the ny police academy. The police academy dream is really a civilian alternative to joining the navy for the purpose of surviving boot-camp. Speaking of the military...

My very tall baby brother Marcus is being deployed to Iraq this week. I'm going down to San Antonio to see him off. I'm both excited and scared. I've never been to SA and will be staying the first night alone. That's the exciting part. The scary part is that I'm worried about him.

4 comments:

Alisa said...

I, for one, love the idea of different BG pans for the boroughs!

Hope your trip is good and that your brother stays safe.

Meaghan said...

Good luck, Christi, with the training and the fundraising! It'll be good to know someone at the start!

Christi said...

My brother should board the plane in a few hours.

Alisa, thanks. I hope I can capture look of each borough although it sounds hard because there are so many distinctive neighborhoods within each one

Meaghan, want to run sometime? I'm sure you are still faster but it could be cool for a long slow one :)

Meaghan said...

Sure, that would be great. I'm free whenever. I don't think I'm faster than you right now, I missed a lot of training over the fall/winter. Just started back up again at the end of February. Did a 10K yesterday in 1:05... not my fastest.

Hope your brother stays safe!