Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's not a good idea to ask God to give you a sign through your itunes. It doesn't really work.

other things:
I saw Richard Williams at the MOMA last night. Lets say I saw a 2 hour infomercial. The man in an amazing animator and if i had the money I would drop it for his master's class.

All he had to say is he's not giving the class anymore because he's working on his personal feature....so please buy the master's class dvd set to fund the film and pay his rent/mortgage. That's honest enough and for the most part that's what is was, plus we got to see a lot of his cool animation. However, it bothered me when it became a sales pitch. In one word the interviewer called Dick Williams "giving." I almost laughed. Really, it doesn't have to be that way. You don't have to convince people that it's a great class or that he learned from the classic animators. It's totally fine that he has to make money off of the $1000 dvd set. It's ok. so why do people think that you have to be shady about selling it?

I also have Tegan and Sara tickets. yay. I bought them from a guy driving an Audi who also gave me a lift to the MOMA. Normally I don't take rides from strangers, but it was a very nice car we were in Midtown.

I also have an appointment with a lawyer about my landlord situation. It's not free, so i really hope good things will come of it. I'm getting nervous. Next week is the 1st and I don't plan on giving my landlord a dime. I hope I'm on the right track. Suddenly, people are buggy out about a possible eviction. They are telling me I will never be able to rent in the city again if I am evicted.

I think I have volunteered to be the building photographer. I took some pictures of a tenant's apartment because she was going to use her camera phone and camera phones suck. I think soon I have to take pictures of a missing fire-escape. I don't know how well these will help our cases. I wish I could get into the basement to see the con ed meters. The landlord claims that some tenants had jumpers on Dakko's meter...but no one but Dakko has keys to the basement and I don't think any of us would know how to rig that. Plus he has to show evidence of that right? There are camera's everywhere. You can't make a claim like that and not provide evidence. can you?

it's so late and I have to work now.

No comments: