Friday, October 05, 2007

back on the horse?

I am really not prepared for my interview with a different large ad agency tomorrow. But before I completely fuck up -and I won’t mean to. Here’s...well part of the phone conversation:

“I’m sorry did I take you away from something?”

Me: “Oh no, no. I’m just recovering from jetlag. I came back from Malaysia a few days ago.”

“Oh wow, were you on vacation?”

Me: “I was teaching a flash animation course.”

"Oh wow. To the…the natives?”

Me: “uh…yeah."

3 comments:

Bonnie Branson said...

erm...I bet that person was thinking,"Wow...do they have computers out there in the jungle?"

Amy Kim said...

wow. Just wow. O_o

Tricia in Kansas said...

HHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA ha ha ha! Well, shit. That's the funniest thing I've read all week. Maybe he was just being very PC, meaning "natives" as "resident peoples of Malaysia". But the idea of leaf-clad natives wanting to animate their stories instead of writing them down is pretty funny.