Sunday, October 01, 2006

Mr. T and Rhubarb

Now and then I wonder what the back of Mr. T's head looks like. It started when I saw the storyboard for a Lipton soup commercial. There was a shot where Mr. T's back was turned as he and other celebrities prepared dinner. The artist made sure that Mr. T's head was obscured. probably because he didn't know what design his hair and or sideburns made either. It looked like this:



From the front I see he has sideburns that extend above his ear and I think they go back.


I’m not sure if A) the side burns connect to his Mohawk.


B) sideburns come close to his Mohawk but don’t touch and follow down like an upside-down Atari logo.


Or C) do not extend to the back at all



Google did not have Mr. T’s back and I thought about watching Rocky 3 or episodes of the A team but just now I saw an interview on NBC and they showed the back of his head!

C is the correct answer...as least now.


Here's the animation I was working on at the time. It’s a rhubarb stalk for rhubarb pie. I think it would make a cute website but Tricia doesn’t like the idea.- Yes i dropped what i was doing to draw the sketches above.


Rhubarb Pie animated recipe.

6 comments:

Bonnie Branson said...

Holy cow that was one funny entry. I'm crying!

cuuuuute animation.

Anonymous said...

You could have looked up the Mr T cartoon- I'm sure they would have had something there... Anyway, an interesting look into the mystique of a man who is drawn from the front or 3/4 view as much as possible, much like Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Love the rhubarb, by the way.

Alisa said...

lol, i love the dancing pie and rhubarb stalk. My friend steve probably would've had the Mr T answer for you, but I see you've already gotten it!

Nelson Diaz said...

You should make dancing rhubarb IM avatars.

I know i want one.

Christi said...

yo thanks :)
i wonder if i can make ring tones out of them:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Hallowe'en to the only other person in the world who has ruminated on the back of T's head. I guess he's so badass no one's left alive to see him leave!