I want a musical based on La Boheme and RENT but it's about WORKING artists that do pay rent. It's called SLUM. In SLUM the working artists pay lots and lots of money and have barely if any water and no heat.
It will feature such hits as "Quick! The Water's On Again," "I wish I Had a Gym Membership Too" (sung by the writer/book shelver) and "Where The Fuck is Numa?"
SLUM is similar to SUBLET. except in SUBLET there was no electricity, peeling lead paint and a small fire in the wall and featured "We Can't Even Call 311 'Cus We Illegally Live Here"
7 comments:
I would totally buy tickets to that. Is there a number called, "My roof is leaking but the super doesn't think it's an emergency"?
YES! :)
that happened to us too. there is also a procussion peice by the anitsmoking roommate who bangs on the floor when the below neighbor's smoke enters through her closed window.
Just before the Entr'acte, there is a dramatic montage of four roommates contemplating the merits of soaking up two inches of floodwater every time it rains.
" ONE MORE RAIN, ONE MORE PAINNNNN, ONE FLOOOD MORE!!!!!!!!!"
After the intermission there is an entire scene sung in Korean with projected subtitles on little screens in the corner.
The name of the major track is called "Ballad of the landlords: Not our fault little children!"
damn i thought the Korean song was going to be about the worldcup.
oh no bonnie i should have known you'd slip "Less Missur-ables" in there ;)hahaha
"I thought the Korean song was going to be about the worldcup."
That's the second song in Korean... following is my solo/ victory dance:
"Where's my German flag?! The flag! Find me a German flag a flag!"
In which I scheme to drape it over our upstairs neighbor's patio window.
whoa whoa whoa this isn't YOUR musical and no soccer fights. that can be *extra on the cd;)
darn it!
Post a Comment