DREAMHOST.com has me calling random households in California.
You can not get them on the phone. Their website does not have a support number.
the BBB page:
http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/
CompanyReportExtensionPage.aspx?CompanyID=13131294&sm=#Phones
Their number at the better business Bureau doesn't work. The Primary Phone: (323) 583-7991- OUT OF SERVICE the second one # (323) 583-9505- A little girl answered and had no idea what I was talking about.
Out of the blue I received an email from DreamHost claiming that I owed them 119.40 for services. First of all I never bought their web hosting. I only registered my domain with them. Secondly, I canceled my account months ago and switched my domain names to a different company. WHY? because their server was always down so my domain address could not be reached to forward to the animatorsink.com site- which was also down because animators ink actually used Dreamhost as it's server. So Animator's Ink switched and I decided to switch and actually buy web hosting elsewhere.
So now dreamhosts claims I never canceled my account. I do not have a confirmation email saying that I did. Probably because most of my emails to them while their site was down or fucked up would bounce back. So no, I don't trust that they gave me one.
It's like I was living-in-sin with a drunkard who stayed gone for days and came home inebriated and I was fucking sick of his shit so I left. Then months later he's like "hey we're not broken up. I need 119.40" and I'm like "Yes we are. I left your ass months ago. That's why you havent seen me in ages. no I don't have a confirmation. Evidently, your ass was just too drunk to know what was going on."
2 comments:
DUDE! The SAME THING happened to me! I re-registered my domain (which i thought was $9) and then a month later they said they were gonna charge me $119. Aparantly they no longer point your domain for free...F*&*^ that. I emailed them and some guy actually emailed me back. I think it's settled now...we shall see.
same here, but as far as I know it's fine now. I got a cancellation email saying I owe -18.50. (I have no idea how they got that number but as long as it's a negative, i don't owe...so i don't care.)
odd
Post a Comment