Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Bronx Zoo

Cynthea, Tricia and I went to the zoo today. here are a few sketches.

I should write down the names of the animals. I have no idea what these birds are. their bodies were very box or rectangular solid cylinder – well more like a blender’s pitcher.

I had to try and capture the little girl on her dad’s shoulders with plumber butt.


Chinese deer named after a French guy.


This goose for some reason went completely bizzerk. He ran into the pond, ran out the other side and then ran some more all while squawking.
meanwhile these other geese where not even in the water. they all slowly dipped in and floated to the other side to get a better look. assholes.


I really like these pheasants? and the way their bodies are like nerf foofballs with a little ruffle off their tale end.
These Bison were hard. It was also difficult to concentrate with this muppet bison (bottom left). It was the most bizarre animal ever. He looked like the main character in MASK (staring Cher). Cynthea also drew him. I wanted Tricia to draw him too so we could have a gospel account. but this will have to do.

Yay monkeys.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

i love your animal sketches Christi :) I need to join you guys at the zoo soon!

Christi said...

yay thank you. yes, you should come too. Cynthea says it maybe be chilly this Wednesday.